The Next E-commerce Revolution: No Borders, No Channels
Retail is going through its next revolution and it is the customers who are dictating its pace. Seeking instant satisfaction, connected shoppers switch devices, maintain presence on multiple channels simultaneously and are ready to buy in any country. Retailers need to get ready to seamlessly serve this new generation of customers, breaking down barriers and demonstrating their agility in the breathtaking dynamics of this new era.
Leading International E-commerce Event
Launched six years ago the Global E-Commerce Summit is the leading international event focusing on the most important trends and developments in global e-commerce, cross border trade and omnichannel retail. After editions in Amsterdam and Monaco the summit has landed in Barcelona, which is now the home of the summit and the awards for four years. Three days with inspiring key notes, market insights, business strategies, useful business cases, networking possibilities (like the Global E-commerce Party) and of course the 4th edition of the European E-commerce Award ceremonies.
First speakers at the Global E-commerce Summit 2014 are now confirmed:
- Our chairwoman for both days: Juliet Mann, broadcasting journalist who has worked in newsrooms around the world for CNN International, Sky News, Reuters, CNBC, BBC and LBC Radio.
- Manel Jadraque, Managing Director of Desigual, will speak about the omnichannel strategy of the casual wear brand
- Valeria Dominguez is E-commerce Director and a member of the executive committee at fashion retail brand Adolfo Dominguez, a publicly traded company founded in 1976 with 700 boutiques in 35 countries. During her tenure sales have increased by 945% and the site was ranked among the top 3 best e-commerce sites in Spain.
- Rowan Gormley, who used to work for Sir Richard Branson at Virgin, where he ran both Virgin Money and Virgin Wines, launched Naked Wines in 2008. Turnover at the company hit £40m last year.
- James Hardy is the Director EMEA for Alibaba.com Europe which is a global e-commerce platform for small businesses helping them expand to overseas markets.
- Jeremy Hodara, Co-CEO Africa Internet Holding. Jumia is one of the firms trying to get a head-start in that market, not yet profitable but spending heavily, following Amazon's model, to grab market share and establish its brand.
- Alice Taylor is the founder and CEO of MakieLab, a UK-based company that lets users customise and 3D-print their own toys: the Makies.
- Julia.Q.Zhu, founder of provides in her presentation a glimpse of China’s dynamic online retailing ecosystem and breaks down best practices Western companies can implement to build an effective China e-commerce strategy.
View the full agenda and many more on Global E-commerce Summit - The Next E-commerce Revolution.