MONTREAL | Pivotal Payments announced it is expanding GlobalOne, its proprietary payment gateway and global acquiring platform, into the European Union. The company will provide real-time connectivity to over 130 new payment networks and banks, providing access to 60 foreign currencies as well as local European payment methods such as iDeal, Giropay and SOFORT.
GlobalOne merchants able to expand internationally
Merchants signed onto the GlobalOne platform can now expand internationally to capture more sales from rapidly growing markets and improve operational efficiencies, all under a single provider. The e-commerce solution was developed to provide businesses in a card not present environment tools to expand their global reach, maximize profits and offer their clients a better shopping experience. The platform's unique technology provides a revenue lift while reducing costs and streamlines global payment acceptance.
Benefits of Pivotal Payments' GlobalOne platform include:
- Interchange optimization to reduce cross-border fees and allowing merchants to qualify for the lowest interchange programs.
- Smart transaction routing that optimises transactions to the most cost-efficient acquirer, improving authorization approval and minimizing risk.
- Auto account updater that reduces card declines by keeping customer payment card data current when expiration dates and card numbers change.
- Decline recycling programmed to intelligently resubmit previously declined transactions to recover potentially lost revenue.
- Full-featured subscription and recurring billing solutions that reduce time and cost associated with managing client accounts.
- Secure Card module which tokenises sensitive payment card data to help businesses reduce security risks and PCI scope.
E-commerce Sales in Western Europe
In Western Europe alone, 2013 e-commerce sales totaled an estimated 173.9 billion euros, according to Ecommerce Europe, a group representing e-commerce associations and companies in the region. The GlobalOne payment platform opens up this marketplace to all card not present businesses with a complete suite of solutions. "Europe's e-commerce market continues to grow rapidly, presenting a valuable opportunity for Pivotal Payments and the online merchants we serve," said Philip Fayer, president and CEO of Pivotal Payments. "Our mission with GlobalOne is to change the way our clients perform global commerce by providing a single point of integration that is both simple to use and offers seamless expansion from country to country.”
About Pivotal Payments
Pivotal Payments is a leading provider of merchant services and global payment processing solutions. The company provides to point of sale, online and mobile merchants a variety of services such as debit and credit card processing, electronic check conversion, merchant cash advance programs, business discounts, loyalty/gift card programs and terminal management solutions. Pivotal Payments offers these services to small and mid-sized retail businesses, e-commerce, m-commerce and other card not present merchants, chain stores, franchises, restaurants and dealerships. Processing over US $12 billion in annual bankcard sales volume, Pivotal Payments serves more than 70,000 customers. To learn more, visit http://www.pivotalpayments.com
Sourced from Pivotal Payments, April 7th, 2014