DUBLIN - Realex Payments announced today that it has signed a six year deal with HSBC Merchant Services to provide them with a managed services solution for its online retailers. The offering involves three key elements; the provision of a fully branded gateway for existing and new online and call centre businesses, the provision of dedicated corporate and SME sales support resources for HSBC Merchant Services teams and finally the provision of a dedicated customer support function, which will be based in Dublin.
Colm Lyon, CEO and founder of Realex Payments, said 'to announce a deal of this magnitude is a considerable turning point in the history of our company. Having scaled the business significantly over the past number of years, this deal further consolidates our position and will see us gain an additional 5,000 clients by the end of the year.
Realex Payments now employs 110 people in three locations – Dublin, London and Paris and we are committed to further product and overseas development. We have created 50 new jobs in the past few months alone, including a dedicated customer operations team to support this deal. We are also moving to a new office in the city centre which will accommodate over 250 people, facilitating continued expansion.' Colm continued.
Speaking of the announcement, Chris Davies, Managing Director of HSBC Merchant Services said: "We are excited about our partnership with Realex Payments and look forward to working with them. We were impressed by their growth in recent years, professionalism and commitment to provide the best service."
Highlights announced today include:
- Realex Payments will provide a fully managed payment gateway solution called "Global Iris" to HSBC Merchant Services new and existing clients; thereby gaining an additional 5,000 clients.
- The company has created 50 jobs in the past few months and will shortly move to a new city centre office to accommodate further expansion.
- The volume of transactions processed by the company continues to increase; volumes processed in quarter 4 2011 increased by 53% on the same period the previous year.
Realex Payments makes it easy for businesses to sell online by providing secure real time payment processing services. Currently the business has some 5,500 retailers across 30 countries, 110 staff in three offices (Dublin, London and Paris), turns over €12mn euro per annum and processes in excess of €12bn euro annually for its clients. Clients include Virgin Atlantic, Vodafone, The AA, AXA Insurance, Aer Lingus.
Over the past decade, Realex Payments CEO and Founder, Colm Lyon has received numerous accolades acknowledging his contribution to the internet industry including;
- In December 2011 Colm was awarded the Software Industry Person of the Year award at a gala ceremony and dinner, hosted by the Irish Software Association;
- In November 2011 Colm was awarded the 'Business Person of the month' accolade from Business & Finance Magazine for his work with Realex Payments and new subsidiary company Carapay;
- In September 2011 Colm received the prestigious Ruban dHonneur in round two of the European Business Awards which promote excellence, best practice and innovation in the European business community.
- In 2009 Colm was awarded the Internet Hero Award at the Golden Spider Awards for his contribution to the Irish Internet Industry.
- In 2007 Colm was awarded lifetime membership to the Irish Internet Association in recognition of his contribution as Chairman of the association for four years;
Tracy Glynn Realex Payments Head of Marketing Email: email@example.com Mobile: +44 (0)788 44 33 960 / + 353 (0)87 6684 667
About HSBC Merchant Services
HSBC Merchant Services LLP, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Global Payments and one of the largest independent payment processors in the UK.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading provider of electronic transaction processing services for merchants, Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs), financial institutions, government agencies and multi-national corporations located throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Global Payments, a Fortune 1000 company, offers a comprehensive line of processing solutions for credit and debit cards, business-to-business purchasing cards, gift cards, electronic check conversion and check guarantee, verification and recovery including electronic check services, as well as terminal management. Visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com for more information about the company and its services.
Jo Roberts Fleishman-Hillard Tel: +44 (0) 20 7395 7176 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org