BALI, INDONESIA | Clariden Global will be hosting a 2-day summit, Mobile Banking & Payments for Emerging Asia Summit 2012 - themed "Unleashing the Potential of Mobile Channels to Penetrate Emerging Markets in Asia", on 8 to 9 October, at Conrad Bali.
Gartner Inc, stated earlier this May that the Asia-Pacific will be the largest market for mobile banking in terms of the sheer number of users between 2011 and 2016. Emerging markets around the world have been embracing the mobile channel as a method to provide banking and financial services, with both banks and network operators working to reach out with solutions & pilots.
This has been especially true in emerging Asian countries with widespread geographies and differing range of development & facilities. Berg Insight estimated that there will be 894 million users globally by 2015, with growth being driven by efforts by operators and banks in developing countries (particularly in Asia) to bank the unbanked.
Mobile banking & payments hold the potential to improve lives across emerging markets. At the same time, a range of challenges must still be managed to reach commercialization and deliver customer value within this growing mobile ecosystem. An eclectic range of senior level mobile banking & mobile payments stakeholders will be featured including:
- TNP2K (National Team for the Acceleration of Poverty Reduction) Indonesia
- GM Bank of Luzon
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Commonwealth Bank Indonesia
- Bank Andara
- Aircel Ltd
- Telenor Pakistan
- PT Indosat Tbk
- National Payments Corporation of India
- Western Union
- BICS Asia
- Google, Inc
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Mercy Corps
- Mobile Accelerate
- VeriFone Mobile Money
- Monitise Asia Pacific
- Electronic Money Association (EMA)
- MEF Asia
- and more.
- Managing regulatory considerations within the m-banking ecosystem to enable implementation
- Building the m-banking and m-payments ecosystem in emerging markets
- Interoperability between stakeholders and services
- Proving the business case for mobile based banking and payment services for developing Asian markets
- Working towards customer acceptance and adoption through education, ease of use & service choices available for customer segments
- Security versus convenience
- Mobile remittances - domestic and cross border remittances
- Mobile commerce - bringing SMEs and businesses into the ecosystem
- Future of mobile banking and payments services in emerging Asian markets
About Clariden Global:
Clariden Global is the pre-eminent and influential global business leadership institution. At Clariden, our core mission is to help global organizations in Asia build sustainable competitive advantages by empowering people with knowledge and insights that are impactful and highly relevant in today's competitive business environment. Through partnership with renowned and highly sought after industry leaders from prestigious universities and corporations around the world, Clariden provides strategic insights and impactful world-class executive education to global organizations in Asia, including FORTUNE 500 companies who have businesses in Asia. Our global conferences in 2012 include the Indonesia Mining 2012 Conference and the Coal Bed Methane 2012 Conference in Bali, and Indonesia Real Estate 2012 Conference in Jakarta, which have received tremendous success with over 400+ participants and speakers from all around the region for the three conferences combined.
For further information, please contact:
Clariden Global in Singapore Yenny Ang, Executive Director Tel: +65 6899 5030 | E-mail: email@example.com Website: http://www.claridenglobal.com/mobilebankingasia