MINNEAPOLIS -- Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), a leading provider of global e-commerce solutions, delivers advanced Cloud-Based Subscription Billing and Commerce. The offering, which is part of the Digital River® Global Commerce™ enterprise solution, enables companies to sell their services and physical and digital products to online shoppers using fully customizable subscription models tailored to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction. Supported by a wide range of recurring billing terms and more than 20 global payment methods, companies can use the technology to automate the online sale of everything from access and membership fees to warranty periods, service contracts and physical product accessories.
“Digital River’s innovations and expertise in bringing cloud-based solutions forward to solve some of the most complicated e-commerce business challenges is significantly helping companies to make the online shopping experience for consumers comfortable, localized and best-in-class”
.Digital River’s Cloud-Based Subscription Billing and Commerce provides companies a critical infrastructure for building recurring revenue streams. At the same time, it offers consumers and business buyers the level of convenience and flexibility they have come to expect in an on-demand environment.
According to Gartner, by 2015, more than 40 percent of companies selling media and digital products such as software, services and content, will rely entirely on software-as-a-service (SaaS) or hosted subscription management services to manage their fulfillment, entitlement, billing, renewal and customer loyalty requirements.*
“Many market factors — such as the increase in mobile commerce and the demand for apps — are creating a movement away from a buy-once mentality and forcing companies to re-examine how they monetize their products,” said Joel Ronning, Digital River’s CEO. “Subscription billing has a renewed relevancy and is quickly becoming a critical online revenue channel for many companies, including software publishers, consumer electronics manufacturers, soft goods suppliers and others. Listening to the needs of our customers and tapping into our experience managing millions of subscriptions on a global basis has led us to formalize Digital River’s Cloud-Based Subscription Billing and Commerce offering.”
Digital River’s Cloud-Based Subscription Billing and Commerce helps companies retain more customers and increase subscription renewals by automating recurring revenue models, managing the subscriber lifecycle and increasing the lifetime value of the customer. Key features and benefits include:
• Recurring billing capabilities that support transactions in 30 currencies and span more than 20 payment methods, including all major credit and debit cards, direct debit and PayPal.
• Single click-to-cart capabilities to help secure more renewals.
• An international tax structure, including a network of local business entities in 11 countries and local acquiring partners on five continents.
• Merchandising capabilities to help attract new subscribers, raise average order value and increase revenue.
• Self-service capabilities that raise customer satisfaction and keep customer service costs in check.
• A configurable Web-based toolset that includes detailed, near-term reports and analytics for full transparency of subscribers and revenue flow.
• Web-services-based APIs that are integrated with customer account websites and back-office applications, such as Salesforce.com and other CRM tools.
“Digital River’s innovations and expertise in bringing cloud-based solutions forward to solve some of the most complicated e-commerce business challenges is significantly helping companies to make the online shopping experience for consumers comfortable, localized and best-in-class,” said Ronning.