BRUSSELS | Internet Industry Finland, the Finnish association helping businesses and retailers to grow and to expand internationally by selling and trading online, has joined Ecommerce Europe - the European umbrella organisation for e-commerce associations and companies selling products and/or services online to consumers.
Founded in 2010
Founded by several Finnish service providers in the e-business era in 2010, Internet Industry Finland (Verkkoteollisuus) is an association of approximately 120 companies – both pure players and ‘clicks and bricks’ – and experts operating in e-commerce in Finland, and the number of members is growing rapidly. The ambition of Internet Industry Finland is to help Finnish companies to grow in global markets with digital assets.
'cooperate with our counterparts in Europe'
Kristina Metso, the Executive Director of Internet Industry Finland: “As it is vital to do business cross-border as well, we need to belong to the Ecommerce Europe organisation in order to guarantee a platform for our members to cooperate with their counterparts in Europe. Internet Industry Finland aims to improve the conditions of e-commerce and e-business in Finland and to produce services for its members, such as networking, training, consultancy, business support and information. We offer our members the knowledge needed to succeed in e-business from one single source,” says Metso.
Mature Finnish Ecommerce Market
Ecommerce Europe welcomes Internet Industry Finland as the second Finnish national association that has become a member. According to recently published facts and figures by Ecommerce Europe the Finnish ecommerce market is a mature online market. Finland ranks fourth with respect to online spending, right after Denmark (€7,388), Sweden (€7,238) and Norway (€6,930). Just over 3.2 million Finnish bought goods and services online totalling 10.5 billion in 2013. This is an increase of 9% compared to 2012. E-commerce is projected to increase by 8.0% to 11.3 billion in 2014. 64% of the Internet users above the age of 15 have purchased goods or services in the last 12 months.
Ecommerce Europe is the association representing 5,000+ companies selling products and/or services online to consumers in Europe. Founded by leading national e-commerce associations, its mission is to advance the interests and influence of e-commerce in Europe through advocacy, communication and networking. See below for a list of all National associations that are members of Ecommerce Europe:
- Austria | aCommerce Team | www.acommerce-team.at
- Belgium | Becommerce | www.becommerce.be
- Czech Republic | APEK | www.apek.cz
- Denmark | FDIH | www.fdih.dk
- Finland | Finnish Commerce Federation | www.kauppa.fi
- Finland | Internet Industry Finland | www.verkkoteollisuus.fi
- France | FEVAD | www.fevad.com
- Greece | GRECA | www.greekecommerce.gr
- Ireland | Retail Excellence Ireland | www.retailexcellence.ie
- Italy | Netcomm | www.consorzionetcomm.it
- The Netherlands | Thuiswinkel.org | www.thuiswinkel.org
- Norway | Distansehandel Norge | www.distansehandel.no
- Poland | e-Commerce Polska | www.ecommercepolska.pl
- Spain | Adigital | www.adigital.org
- Switzerland | NetComm Suisse | www.netcommsuisse.ch